1) Class A uniform: This
is the official uniform of your Scout Rank.
2) Class B uniform: This
is usually a Scouting t-shirt. This is a working uniform that still shows you are a Scout.
offs: The parts that are required to complete an Achievement.
The things you need to learn to complete your Rank.
What "grade" of Scout you are (Tiger, Wolf, Bear, Webelos, Scout, Tenderfoot, etc.)
Den Chief: A First Class or above Boy Scout who assists a Cub Scout Den, or
Pack. This title is sometimes given to non-scout teen age helpers that work with a Den.
A group of up to 10 boys in the same grade, who are working towards the same rank. Dens make up the Pack.
8) Pack: The title of a Cub Scout Unit. It is made up of the Tiger,
Wolf, Bear, and Webelos Dens.
9) Dues: The weekly or monthly
fee you pay to support the costs of the Pack.
10) Recharter: Every
unit, and member, must renew their membership with their Local Council each year, along with their Charter organization. This
is called a Recharter.
11) Charter Organization: This is the
owner of the Scout Unit. The church, school, or other community minded association that sponsors and supports the Scout Unit.
12) Scout Unit: A Troop, Pack, or Crew. A group under the same Charter,
Leadership, and Council, that meets together.
13) Pinewood Derby: A
race. The cars are made from a 3" block of Pinewood that each boy shapes into a car. The cars then run down a free fall track.
14) Webeloree: A camp out for the Webelos in all the Packs, in
15) District: A section of a Scout Council
16) Scout Council: The Headquarters for a local area